Welcome to our new website. You’re viewing a page that has not yet been optimised for mobile viewing. You may wish to view it on a desktop or tablet if not already doing so. We appreciate your patience while we make the upgrade.
Please refer to the list of contractors below that can offer this service
There are a number of experienced IAP contractors in the Upper Highway area that have the experience to identify IAPs and who have been involved in successful eradication programmes.
The full list is shown below (any qualified contractor not listed is free to contact us for inclusion)
Kloof Conservancy will assist wherever possible to source herbicides at no cost so as to reduce the overall cost of eradication. This offer is dependent on availability of herbicides from eThekwini Municipality.
When contacting one of the contractors please advise them of our herbicide offer and we will liaise with the contractor to arrange supply.
|List of IAP Contractors in the Highway Area|
|Invasive Vegetation Management Services||Rob Jamieson||083 777 email@example.com|
|Ladybird Landscapes||Kevin Dolloway||031 765 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lawn Boys and Treefeller||Paul Dos Santos||082 497 email@example.com|
|Msenge Landscapes||Simon Maphumulo||083 737 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rooted in Nature||Helen Terblanche||072 218 email@example.com|
Alien Plant Identification Services
|Mieke van Tienhoven||082 678 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Junda Dynasty Agro-Forest||Sithembiso Mahlaba||072 6353 email@example.com|
IAP TRAINING FOR GARDENERS
Kloof Conservancy run regular IAP identification and eradication courses.
After attending this course the gardeners will have :
- A basic understanding of why IAP’s are a problem and a threat to our biodiversity.
- The knowledge to identify the most common IAP’s in the Durban Metro Area
- A basic understanding of the most practical eradication methods
- A basic understanding of the herbicides they are likely to come across
- A basic understanding of safety requirements when handling tools, equipment and herbicides
- Discussion on the need to identify and remove IAP’s and why biodiversity is being threatened (this is quite a foreign topic and will be covered in depth).
- A Power Point presentation on the most common IAP’s.
- Practical where the presenter demonstrates the use of various equipment and methods (even if not actually done, e.g. ring barking), discusses optimal weather conditions, and the required safety measures (clothing, etc.)
- Basic Introduction to the most common herbicides that are likely to be available to the home owner.
- Afternoon session – from 13:15 – 15:30, field work to identify invasive alien plants – see, touch, smell.
These courses are run on a regular basis so watch out for our e-mails in this regard.
Kloof Conservancy is also willing to run the course anywhere in the Durban metro area where there is a demand.
Course Registration Form download an application form to register for the course.